Today in Indonesia, one of the biggest days in Speed Skating World History, A Government handing out winning SEA games Bonuses to Skaters & Coaches, in the vicinity of Half a Million USA $. The 20 Sea games Skaters will share out a Pool of someting like $400,000 USA. the 6 non skating reserves, will also pick up a couple of Thousand each & 4 coaches will share a coaches pool, of somewhere around $80,000 USA. Great for a person like Afandi, driving a Taxi for $170 USA a month, around $2,000 per year, $20,000 would be the equivillent of 10 years wages, in a country where $1,800 is the the GPI index. Hope that everyone comes away happy. The great Morbondingo & Jubleah & all others should, the sliding scale % was worked out before the games, with World, Namwon & Haining performances ranking high, along with Attitude & attendance at camp & training performances.
- Peter Michael & Nicole Begg X-TECH, Li Shui China International, 30th Oct - 2nd Nov, hopefully 3rd Jeonju WIC Korea, Mike Paez Mexico also 4 years ago
- January February Timaru 9-12 Jan Tour of Timaru, 25th Waimate, 1 & 2 Feb S.C. open, 8 & 9 South Island Open, 15th & 16th N.Z. Bank tracks 4 years ago
- Well run of bad weather, But heading towards a week of it I hate. Friday night club, wee play with the stop watch, lots of faster youngsters 4 years ago
- Out of commission coaching in Timaru for 6 weeks, China, Timaru and Chritchurch hospitals and Worlds & holiday, improving so so want to see 4 years ago
- Well heading towards the main N.Z. Skating season, while Europe is heading into Ice mode. To our x-TECH ones on the ice good luck. 4 years ago